As a new company, there are many things you have to do to succeed in this industry. While there is a lot you need to know in the construction business, these four tips will help your new company get on the right track to success.
#1 Invest in Cost Estimating Software
Construction cost estimating software is vital to all new construction companies. This software is a collection of programs, processes, and information that will help your company quickly calculate the total cost of a project, no matter the scale. The software will include a construction cost estimating database that organizes budget plans while giving you the ability to make adjustments anywhere at any time using a computer or mobile device.
By investing in this beneficial software that includes a construction cost estimating database, planning and executing projects will be seamless and convenient. It will also save you time and money by preventing miscalculations that may cause you to redesign a project.
#2 Embrace Green Design and Technology
In this world of pollution, it is important to incorporate and embrace sustainable and eco-friendly designs. Consumers today strive to find companies and experts who will provide resource-efficient and environmentally responsible solutions for their construction projects.
Did you know that 20% of global emissions are directly attributed to the construction industry? As a new construction company, your construction company needs to embrace green design and technology. You should consider aiming towards LEED certification to keep your business competitive by providing your clients the expertise in green design and technology.
With green design and technology, you can create resource-efficient and environmentally responsible construction projects. This includes all aspects of construction from the planning, design, demolition, and clean up. Some green designs can consist of:
Cooling System Bricks
- Combines clay and hydrogel
- New material cools interior of buildings
- Cooling effect comes from the presence of hydrogel, which absorbs water and up to 500 times its weight
- The water is released to cool the air during hot days
- Natural replacement of steel for reinforcing concrete
- Bamboo is more gentle on the planet
- Won’t compromise durability
- Earthquake resistance
- Bamboo grows quickly and can easily be regenerated all while simultaneous absorbing CO2
- Swedish researchers have turned wood into a material that is 85 percent transparent by compressing strips of wood veneer and replacing the lining with polymer
- The product is light but as strong as natural wood
- Eco-friendly alternative to glass or plastic
- Reduce the need for artificial light
- It’s biodegradable
By offering and providing your clients with eco-friendly solutions, your company will be successful by being the go-to expert while staying ahead of the game.
# 3 Use Robotics for Automation and to Improve Production
The construction industry is one of the least digitized, least automated industries in the world and produces the most waste. To combat these issues, more construction companies are incorporating robotics for automation to improve the production process, use fewer materials, and produce less waste.
Using robotics in construction can help to boost productivity and accuracy. Since robots can do the same task over and over again, at the same speed and be precise, it can cut down on labor costs. With the ability to automate manual processes, it allows for projects to be finished faster and more efficiently.
Some areas of construction robotics are being used to help with:
- Bricklaying and foundation building
- Higher-quality manufacturing parts and materials are more consistent and higher quality. By removing human error, and inconsistency, robotics can take advantage of speed, efficiency, and repeatability to ensure better quality
- 3D printing: print complex, layered parts, and objects. Standardize the production of pieces that can be used throughout various projects which saves time and money
- Demolition: speed up the process, save time and money. Break down walls, crush concrete, and gather debris can be done using robotics
Consistency and quality are vital components to be successful in this industry. Using robotics will provide the accuracy, speed, and efficiency to get the job done safely and effectively.
#4 Augmented Reality Will Improve Efficiency
Efficiency is also essential in the construction industry. Augmented reality is becoming an industry standard to save on costs and to stay eco-friendly. Augmented reality is a live, copied view of a physical, real-world environment. Augmented reality involves creating and placing a 3D model of a proposed design onto an existing space using a computer or mobile device.
Augmented reality provides your construction company a view of both what the world and work look like and what it could look like. This is crucial when presenting plans to potential clients. Augmented reality provides efficient project staging and makes pre-construction projects tangible for clients. You can to make adjustments from your mobile device and show your clients the changes in real-time.
Through a virtual walkthrough of a completed model, you can see what needs to be changed. With augmented reality, it allows the architect and contractor to collaborate between design and construction and make changes. It will also enable you to automate measuring of the building for fast cost estimating. Being able to see what the final construction project will look like can lead to a quicker turn around time on designs that involve a lot of client input.
By providing this service to your clients, your company will become an innovative company that incorporates eco-friendly solutions.
A Final Thought
These are only to mention four ways you and your company can get on and stay on the right track to success. New construction companies can accomplish this by staying on top of current trends, embrace technology, and stay ahead in the competitive industry.