Scottsdale, AZ is located in the heart of Maricopa County. Long considered to be one of the best getaway cities in the state of Arizona, Scottsdale has a lot to offer you. Whether you are coming for a weekend getaway or a week-long business conference, you’ll be able to stay busy while you entertain yourself with both indoor and outdoor activities. While Scottsdale is a relatively condensed city, there is plenty to do that will entertain you no matter what your goals are. Today, we are going to highlight a few local attractions, restaurants, and resorts that you need to consider if you are planning on coming to town!
Local Attractions in Scottsdale
The New York Times famously called Scottsdale the ‘desert version’ of Miami Beach and we definitely feel like that description is pretty apt. Scottsdale is known for having a ton of entertainment to engage in, so why don’t we start there? If you are heading to Scottsdale, make sure you pack your sunscreen. If you want to get a taste of the area, you are going to be spending plenty of time outside. Let’s highlight a couple of really fun outdoor activities that you should consider checking out while you are in town.
1) McDowell Sonoran Preserve – Lather yourself in sunscreen and grab a bottle of water, we’re heading down to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. This sustainable habitat gives you a real taste of the desert with friendly hiking trails and a diverse array of views to enjoy. Whether you are a novice hiker or a trailblazing enthusiast, you’ll be able to find a trail that matches your fitness level. Come here at sunrise in order to enjoy one heck of a view.
2) Old Town Scottsdale – If you want a more laid back experience that is fit for the whole family, head down to Old Town Scottsdale. Old Town Scottsdale is located in the heart of downtown Scottsdale and it offers a diverse and walkable experience for the whole family. Located in this segment of the city is an array of art exhibits, award-winning dining options, souvenir shops, and more. You’ll even be able to find your way to some old-timey attractions like the Rusty Spur Saloon and the Cavalliere’s Blacksmith Shop.
3) Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West – If you want to get a taste for some of the culture that Scottsdale has to offer, you need to visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous Taliesin West. Frank Lloyd Wright is a legendary architect who is well-known for being able to blend genius designs that turn your expectations on their head. Taliesin West shows how Frank Lloyd Wright was absolutely in love with Scottsdale’s natural wonder and it is amazing to see how he blended his architecture with the surrounding landscape. There are daily tours of the property and his winter home as well as the actual architectural school itself. This is a ‘must visit’ attraction for fans of art and architecture.
Great Places to Stay in Scottsdale
When you aren’t taking in the sights, you’ll like to have somewhere comfortable to rest for the next adventure. There are plenty of great resorts near Scottsdale that are worth checking out. In fact, some of the best resorts near Scottsdale will offer you their own unique events and attractions! Let’s go ahead and showcase a couple of resorts that you should consider staying at when you come to town.
1) Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows – Considered one of the top resorts in the entire Southwest, the Andaz Scottsdale Resort blends luxury and leisure into one enjoyable package. This fabulous resort features some of the best dining in the area to go along with a trio of resort pools, the Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary, and beautifully decorated accommodations. This picturesque resort offers a range of room options that will accommodate you no matter what reason you find yourself in Scottsdale.
2) Westin Kierland Resort & Spa – While the Andaz Scottsdale Resort might be the nicest resort in the area, it is far from the only option. The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa is a beautiful retreat that combines picturesque views with beautiful lodging. The Westin Kierland features a variety of different attractions and amenities for trips of all types. Whether you want to escape to the spa or hit the onsite golf course, there is definitely something for you to do. When you are ready to relax, you can get dressed up in order to enjoy upscale dining right on the property.
Scottsdale offers so much to do for visitors of all ages and occupations. Whether you want to escape to the great outdoors or sit down for a fancy meal at the Cafe Monarch, you’ll have a way to spend your day. Scottsdale is a beautiful city that is embedded in the natural world. With a blend of high-end attractions and family-friendly events, you’ll always feel at home in Scottsdale.